|Easterseals DC MD VA is seeking a highly motivated and polished US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse to apply for the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic Director and Easterseals Senior Vice President. Operate the Clinic to the highest standards of efficacy and quality; be an excellent public spokesperson with funders, dignitaries and media; and serve as a key member of the Easterseals Senior Leadership Team. The role requires a Master’s or Doctorate’s degree in mental-health-related field, experience as a psychologist in evidenced-based trauma treatment, license/license-eligible in DC, MD and VA, plus 10+ years leading, managing, and/or supervising within a clinical setting.
Responsibilities: Administration and Operations
Clinical Care and Management
- Provide vision and leadership to a team of clinicians, case managers, outreach workers, support service providers, communications, billing and administrative staff.
- Provide overall supervision for the Clinic’s clinical and non-clinical staff and ensure that they have the professional development and training necessary to operate and maintain a high-functioning, CARF-accredited clinic.
- Provide financial oversight of the Clinic, monitor and enforce compliance and oversee reporting.
- Fully align and integrate Clinic within Easterseals by leveraging programs’ wrap-around services for Clinic clients and their families and by leveraging Clinic services for families served through Easterseals programs.
- Maintain rigorous evaluation system and use findings to help inform programmatic, policy and fiscal decisions.
- Contribute meaningfully to the success of Easterseals overall operations on the Senior Leadership Team, providing input on key decisions, and leading special projects to enhance the organization as appropriate.
Communications and Marketing
- Oversee evaluation, monitoring, and modification of clinical and non-clinical processes, protocols, performance objectives, productivity benchmarks, compliance measures, provider-workflow planning + provider-scheduling activities.
- Maintain high quality, responsive mental health services to veterans in and around the nation’s capital and assist Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) in promoting awareness among key policymakers about Military Family Clinic (MFC) + CVN.
- Monitor clinic’s performance to ensure that program services and operations comply with all applicable regulatory and licensing agencies and to maintain CARF accreditation.
- Liaise with CVN around clinic performance and topics that are pertinent to the network (communications, branding, billing, training, funding). Provide high quality direct clinical care.
- Work with CVN’s and Easterseals’ Communications & Marketing Teams to raise awareness of Clinic, CVN, and Easterseals to promote use of services, public recognition of the vital role of services in the community, and financial support.
- Be an effective spokesperson with dignitaries, the media, and potential donors.
- Oversee outreach and foster collaboration with national and local veteran-serving organizations + government agencies.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Master’s or Doctorate in mental health related field
- Psychologist with expertise in evidenced-based trauma treatment, licensed or license-eligible in MD, VA, and DC
- 10 years’ leading, managing, and/or supervising within a clinical setting, with 10-15 years’ in clinical experience
- Experience diagnosing and treating PTSD, depression, anxiety, co-morbid diagnoses (substance-use disorder, insomnia) with evidenced-based treatments and providing clinical supervision in these areas. Supervision of CBT
- Track record of building, supporting and facilitating teams, success as an effective coach and mentor to staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
- Demonstrated financial management experience required; experience billing third-party payers preferred