|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse for an Information Assurance Security Partner. Assist in estimating susceptibility of information assets to attack, whether by disclosure, modification, or disruption, and quantify the effect. Bachelor’s in computer science, programming, or information systems and 3 years developing, testing, and/or reviewing organizational information security and disaster recovery plans are required, plus Top Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Conduct Information Assurance monitoring to ensure that systems protect private, sensitive information
- Assist in estimating the susceptibility of that information assets to attack, whether by disclosure (a loss of confidentiality), modification (a loss of integrity), or disruption (a loss of accessibility), and then quantify the effect
- Aid in the risk management of information assets and the systems and applications that store, process, and communicate them
- Once risk assessment guides personnel and capital resources protections, use various assessment and auditing frameworks to help understand how well the deployed controls mitigate the risk
- Take the lead on continuous monitoring of systems
- Lead efforts to upload relevant data in Authority-to-Operate (ATO) portal (Xacta) and produce necessary documentation
- Use various assessment and auditing frameworks to help understand how well controls it has deployed mitigate the risk.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s in computer science, programming, or information systems
- 3 years developing, testing, and/or reviewing organizational information security and disaster recovery plans
- Experience with Authority-to-Operate (ATO) processes: NIST 800-53, rev.4 standards, annual security controls review, POAM creation and resolution, and all artifacts of these processes, such as System Security Plan (SSP), Contingency Plan (CP), and Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
- Experience implementing security controls and remediation following configuration mandates of a Federal or State agency
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Professional certification related to computer science or information assurance preferred.