|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Microsoft App V/ RDSH Administrator position. Perform daily VDI administration, maintenance and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations. Help transform IT services provided across NATO as they modernize, consolidate, and centralize infrastructure and service management, with pooled resources. Job requires 5+ years in Virtual Application packaging/ remediation using VMware Horizon RDSH application, App Volumes and ThinApp including writable; and experience deploying and maintaining Windows 10 desktop platforms and deploying applications via RDSH. Also required are an active DoD or COSMIC Top Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship.
Responsibilities: Military Veteran
- Perform daily VDI administration, maintenance and upgrades, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Deploy profile management with VMware DEM.
- Creation and maintenance of VDI master images and also persistent and non-persistent desktop pools.
- Creation and maintenance of RDSH virtual applications.
- Create and maintain processes, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for systems administration and operations teams. Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Enhance and improve existing infrastructure through automation and reporting. Improve existing processes.
- Collaborate effectively with a team, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successfully deliver projects, meet project milestones, and communicate issues/risks appropriately.
Requirements: Military Veteran
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Work is primarily in Belgium and requires some travel to other International customer sites
- US Citizenship
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance or active COSMIC Top Secret Security Clearance
- 5+ years in Virtual Application packaging and remediation using VMware Horizon RDSH application, App Volumes and ThinApp, including writable
- AppVolume experience. VMWare Dynamic Environment Manager/DEM aka User Environment Manager/UEM
- Experience deploying and maintaining Windows 10 desktop platforms, plus deploying applications via RDSH
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows Active Directory, Groups and Policies
- Ability to self-direct, coordinate with others to complete project tasks and investigate issues under limited supervision
- Knowledge of server-driven applications and databases, plus established security and availability management policies
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
- Capability of briefing management on project status
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. Some travel to other International customer sites