|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Incident Manager position. Manage incidents to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using standard management processes and Eyes on Glass monitoring. Job requires Bachelor's in computer science/ computer engineering, 6+ years of related experience and 6+ years different IT Infrastructure components.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Manage IT production incidents to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using company management processes. Inform management at all levels of status, impact and resolution actions.
- Lead and guide Incident triage calls by analyzing infrastructure and environment.
- Ensure appropriate functional and management escalations.
- Lead required technical follow-up calls for high profile tickets.
- Eyes on Glass monitoring of the health of applications and underlying infrastructure: hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions. Analyze for trends and patterns in application health and performance.
- Troubleshoot incidents and identify root cause quickly using operations, wire data analytics, application performance management and event correlation monitoring tools. Help document root-cause analysis (RCA).
- Perform analysis of data, evaluating multiple application protocols including web, database, storage, and supporting infrastructure such as DNS, LDAP, SSL, SMTP, and FTP.
- Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact production operations, assist with postmortem-related activities and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
- As recommended, implement new and improved processes, create reports and address ad-hoc requests.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 6+ years with different IT Infrastructure components, Unix/ Linux Servers, Wintel Servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, web logic, LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems, Enterprise monitoring and single sign-on access management (8 years preferred)
- 6+ years with applications in production support environment using monitoring & data/log analysis tools, such as Extrahop, DynaTrace, Netcool suite, Catchpoint, MoogSoft, Splunk, etc.
- Management and troubleshooting of Middleware products on UNIX and Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Java.
- Proven methodical approach to problem identification, problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to analyze different components of infrastructure and application environments during Incident triage calls.
- Aptitude to influence other technical teams on calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of management; excellent written and verbal skills on tech issues in non-tech terms, and ability to run large conference calls during Incident calls
- Financial services industry experience preferred