|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Network Security Engineer position. Maintain and evolve network security for large center distributed systems. Job requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 8+ years in network/security engineering.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Responsible for projects, development, automation, and operations related to WebEx Network, firewall and security infrastructure.
- Create and/or improve tools that provide insight into availability and performance of services
- Share in creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region/multi-data center distributed systems.
- Help identify and resolve production issues. Use understanding of software and open source applications to troubleshoot interconnecting systems and to deliver systems and software stability.
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
- Partner with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and customer cases
- Partake in on-call duties for provided services (including weekends)
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Candidates must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s, preferably in Computer Science degree
- 8+ years in progressive experience in network/security engineering
- Expert-level knowledge in TWO with strong knowledge in the others: 1) IP internetworking and Routing & Switching; 2) DataCenter Switching; 3) WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS); and 4) Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PIM Multicast)
- Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (CRS, Nexus, IOS-XR, NX-OS)
- Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS).
- Fluent in Python coding or other languages
- Experience with high availability protocols and Global Server Load Balancing technologies
- Have development and security experience with ASA/Firepower and stateful firewalls
- Knowledge of FEDRAMP and FEDRAMP requirements
- Virtualization technologies, networking (VRF, VDC, Nexus1kv) and compute (VMware, OpenStack)
- Expert-level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
- Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning
- Understand that automation is key to operating large-scale systems
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills